● The world’s largest multicultural beauty salon embraces diversity, innovation and creativity with “Every Version of You!” theme
● Three days of education, competitions, networking and entertainment.
● The show marks the return of the black beauty industry after a global pandemic
Celebrating 75 years of excellence in black beauty, the Bronner Bros. International Beauty Show ™ (BB) returns to New Orleans by popular demand with an unprecedented array of educational, competitive, entertainment and networking opportunities. From Saturday August 28 to Monday August 30, BB will welcome the nation’s most innovative hairdressers, barbers, makeup artists, entrepreneurs, manufacturers, distributors, retailers and students to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
With the creative theme “Every Version of You”, the BB Show is the largest and oldest multicultural beauty salon in the United States. The three-day event will also feature over 300 exhibitors, including sponsors such as Andis, BoldHold, UPS, BookAModel.com, SalonCentric and Private Label. The 2021 show also marks the return of the beauty industry after the global pandemic. BB will work closely with the City of New Orleans and convention officials to ensure compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
“Just as all eyes are on the world’s best athletes in Tokyo, Bronner Bros. welcomes the industry’s most innovative and creative stylists to the Black Beauty “Olympics”. As we emerge from the pandemic, this will be our most exciting show ever, ”said James Bronner, senior vice president of show operations, Bronner Bros. He added, “The journey of 75 years of activity has been filled with countless memorable moments. We are delighted to welcome everyone to New Orleans as we enter a new chapter in history. The next generation of Bronner Bros. is committed to ensuring that we keep the legacy alive for many years to come! ”
Since its inception in 1947, BB Salon has been a mainstay for multicultural salon and barber professionals and is recognized as the premier platform for education, trend spotting and style. Each year, the salon program is designed to offer knowledge, information, and inspiration to help licensed cosmetologists succeed. Highlights of the 2021 Summer Show include:
● World Class Education – An expanded program of over 100 practical workshops and seminars, organized to meet the needs of multicultural professionals at all levels. The 2021 educational tracks include masterclasses on cut, color, barber, business, extensions and weaves, makeup, natural hair and braiding, among others. Courses showcasing beauty trends, skin care and makeup techniques in the industry will also be held.
● Multicultural exhibitors – For manufacturers, distributors and retailers, the show provides the ideal platform to generate leads, develop relationships and sell on the spot to qualified buyers.
● Competitions – The country’s most talented aspiring professionals and students will compete for money and prizes in “friendly” competitions and push the boundaries of skill and creativity. Competitions include the Champion of Weaves, Fantasy Hair, Creative Student Rising Star, Upper Cut Barbering and BoldHold Lace, and Total Look Barbering. For the first time in BB Show history, there will also be a Man Weave competition, showcasing the technical abilities of competitors in the application of male units.
● Networking and Entertainment – In addition to the show’s daytime schedule, attendees will experience the glamor of the red carpet and enjoy stunning beauty presentations live on stage. Registered participants have access to exclusive evenings.
75 years of beauty excellence
Unlike any other beauty salon in the United States, BB has an attendee profile that includes multicultural beauty professionals who come to learn the latest techniques, invest in new tools, and purchase professional quality products and services. Many salon attendees are barber shop and barber shop owners / operators looking for strategies to help optimize business operations, marketing and social media to drive sales. To maintain the integrity of the show, some courses are only open to licensed beauty industry professionals and cosmetology students.
“From the start, Bronner Bros. has been at the forefront of supporting the black beauty industry, which has been disproportionately affected by the effects of COVID-19, ”said Erika Respress, salon director Bronner Bros. “With careful planning, our 75th anniversary show will be like the ultimate family reunion! We thank our participants, sponsors and exhibitors for their continued support. ”
For more information on registration, accommodation, and the latest trade show updates, visit BronnerBros.com.
Note to media: Members of the media who wish to cover the Show can request press credentials at bronnerbros.com/press/.
About Bronner Bros., Inc.
Atlanta-based Bronner Bros., Inc. (BB) is a family business founded in 1947 by Dr. Nathaniel H. Bronner, Sr. and his brother Arthur E. Bronner, Sr. Today, the BB business consists of of multicultural beauty products, UPSCALE Magazine and trade shows, which attract more than 60,000 beauty professionals each year. For more information, visit bronnerbros.com.