Leadership Lackawanna, a local non-profit organization dedicated to community leadership and professional development, recently celebrated the 29 people who graduated from the Foundation program at its Celebration of Leadership event held on Wednesday June 16 at the Country Club in Scranton.
The event honored Leadership Lackawanna’s 38-year history of visionary leadership, commitment to excellence and impact on Northeastern Pennsylvania, and included networking, raffles, a showcase community service projects and the awarding of certificates to graduate participants.
The 10-month Core Program initiative equips participants with leadership, interpersonal and management skills, as well as a better understanding of issues and topics relevant to the Greater Scranton region through monthly sessions. The graduates of the Class of 2021, who represented a diverse group of emerging mid-level leaders from different companies and organizations, now join an elite group of over 2,400 Leadership Lackawanna alumni.
In addition to the sessions, members participate in group projects to promote teamwork. This year’s efforts benefited four outstanding organizations in Lackawanna County, including the Boys & Girls Clubs of NEPA, Keystone Mission, The North Pocono Library, and NeighborWorks of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
The 2021 Graduates Lackawanna Core Leadership Program class includes:
• Stéphanie E. Abraham, Banque FNCB
• Jennifer Azarowicz, La Compagnie Azek
• Bailyn bench, Proctor & Gamble
• Joseph Michael Bilotta, depot of the army of Tobyhanna
• Kenrick D. Brewster, YMCA of Greater Scranton
• Megan Coleman-Derenick, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
• Michelle Cook, Community Bank, NA
• Christopher P. DePrimo, Penn Foster
• Timothy Frank, Educational Opportunity Centers, Inc.
• Alexander G. Gundling, Shining Star Award recipient, Penn Foster
• Vicki Hazzouri, Benco Dental
• Patrick A. Keehan, Small Business Development Center, University of Scranton
• Matthew Lewis, Allied Services
• Kris Rudy Liebegott, Lackawanna College
• Mackenzie P. Madigan, Gertrude Hawk Chocolates
• Justin Marino, United Neighborhood Centers
• Meredith Eileen Mercuri, Barry Callebaut
• Jesse G. Novatski, Penn State Scranton
• Sara Rinkunas, Penn State Scranton
• Sean Michael Ritter, Fancy Persil Architecture + Design
• Michele Santaniello, Fidelity Bank
• Jennifer Shoemaker, Outreach Center for Community Resources
• Chrissy Thomas, Prudential retirement
• Walter Tompkins, The Azek Company
• Francis A. Wanat, Depot of the army of Tobyhanna
• Danielle E. Weinschenk, recipient of Class Leader of the Year, Tobyhanna Army Depot
• Robert Welsch, depot of the army of Tobyhanna
• Vivian Williams, Scranton Region Foundation
• Thomas P. Zurla, FNCB Bank
The Celebration of Leadership event was made possible by the generosity of its main sponsors, M&T Bank and the Maximus Foundation. Contributing sponsors included PPL, Chamberlin and Reinheimer Insurers, Community Bank, NA, Japhy Creative, FNCB Bank, Gertrude Hawk Chocolates and The Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce.
A video of the event can be viewed on LeadershipLackawanna.com.